This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareTheHoliday#CollectiveBias
One of my favorite kinds of parties to attend or host are Cookie Parties! They are fun to attend, eat some delicious cookies, have some drinks, and then leave with a tray of cookies from all of your friends and family to munch on throughout the following week. I’ve learned my fair share of “dos and don’ts” for these parties, so I want to share with you how to be the BEST Cookie Party Hostess ever!
4 Tips to Throwing the Perfect Holiday Cookie Party!
Send out your invites with clear, thorough instructions. My favorite idea is to request that they send you the recipe of cookies they will be bringing, so you can email out a list of the recipes when the night is over for everyone to recreate.
Have your guests bring their own cookie section decor. This will be less stress on you, but can help to share everyone’s favorite part about the holidays- the decorations! Think of how many different styles and themes there could be. My theme is usually a minimalistic green and gold look.
Provide take-away containers that offer good storage and a lid. I like to send my guests home with a few Rubbermaid TakeAlongs full of cookies! They aren’t just a great solution to getting their delicious cookies home, but they are also good for your guests to reuse over and over again in their own kitchens. (They can be used in the microwave and dishwasher!) It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
I love the holiday edition colors and prints, too. You can find these at your local Walmart, and there is currently a rebate from Ibotta as well: $1 off 2 Rubbermaid Takealongs exclusive to Walmart shoppers!
Be sure to send your guests home with a copy of your recipe and a Rubbermaid TakeAlong full of your famous cookies only. You don’t have a signature or famous cookie yet? Well that’s okay! You can steal mine. All my friends and family rave about my chocolate chip cookies, and I’ve got the recipe below just for you guys. Be sure to try them! You definitely won’t regret it…and I am sure you will be planning the perfect Holiday Cookie Party in no time at all!
- 2 sticks butter (soft, not melted)
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 T. milk
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 4.5 cups of flour
- 1 bag of chocolate chips (whichever variety you prefer)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter, coconut oil, egg, sugars, milk, and vanilla together until creamy.
- Gradually add in baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour.
- Mix until the dry mix is combined fully with the wet mixture. Do not over-mix!
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop scoops that are a little over 1 T. on ungreased cookie trays. (Do not grease pans.)
- You can leave them as-is for a more rounded top cookie or press them down for a flatter cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. I like to make for 8 min, then let them rest on the cookie sheet, which keeps cooking them a little bit. If you like a slightly crisper cookie, you will want to keep them in a little longer.
- I use an actual cookie scooper to place them on the baking sheets. I feel like it really helps!
- I also rotate 3 baking sheets, which make it go by pretty quickly.
- This recipe usually ends up making me 5-6 dozen, and everyone LOVES them. The best part is that they get better after they cool down and even after a few days. They stay soft!
What is your go-to cookie recipe? Please share below!